A powerhouse of media relations, the Director of Public Relations leads both the PR team and the day-to-day management of traditional, digital, social media and public relations campaigns on behalf of our clients.
You understand how strategic marketing and PR objectives translate into paid, earned, owned and shared media strategies and can explain, for example, how influencer marketing can contribute to a client’s bottom line. You see yourself as an organizer, cheerleader and overall doer; you focus on #winning and are the person to whom others turn when things need to get done…yesterday.
The Director of Public Relations leads, manages and mentors a team of PR account managers and truly owns the PR portfolio of consumer lifestyle brands to include retail, real estate, food & beverage, and travel and tourism accounts. The Director of PR keeps clients in-the-know and internal teams on their toes; he or she will translate marketing plans into timelines and tasks, keep a constant pulse on projects and manage the agency relationship with all key clients. In addition, the Director of PR cultivates new business opportunities with existing clients and identifies opportunities to expand and enhance the relationship. Above all, the Director of PR is a proponent of process, a pillar of organization and a complete team player. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
The Director of Public Relations will be responsible for:
- Own and direct client relations for a portfolio of accounts
- Manage projects from concept through execution
- Host client meetings and weekly progress calls
- Drive strategy for PR and social media campaigns
- Participate in business development proposals
- Manage in-house teams and client projects
- Review account projections and influence portfolio profitability
- Drive strategy to integrate public relations, social media and digital marketing into comprehensive communications programs
- Proactively provide creative ideas and solutions to position brands through traditional and digital communication’s channels
- Interface directly with internal teams including the digital, creative and content teams on integration of services
- Generate, edit, deliver and place press releases, fact sheets, company overviews, biographies, online articles, speaking opportunity abstracts, pitches, Q&As, and general client correspondence
- Cultivate positive working relationships with both internal teams, key journalists, editors and online influencers
- Write and optimize articles for submission to industry trade publications
- Provide media training
- Provide consultancy services when needed for crisis management
- Produce special events and negotiate sponsorships, partnerships and co-branded opportunities
- Serves as the strategic client leads on assigned accounts and is responsible for all ongoing communications including establishing weekly meetings or calls, creating agendas, setting kick-offs and responding promptly to all phone calls and emails.
- Coordinates and implements multiple projects and programs from kickoff to completion — and with minimum supervision.
- Proactively seeks feedback from clients
- Leads client meetings and conference calls and follows up with meeting notes and to-dos both internally and with client teams
- Actively participates in the strategic planning process in conjunction with the internal teams and translates marketing plans into timelines, budgets and to-do lists
- Partners with Strategic Lead to ensure strategies are integrated, deadlines are met, quality of work is up to standard and that the account is running profitably
- Is the conduit of information between client and our internal subject matter experts, including designers and content producers, and organizes all project and creative briefs needed for new project kick-offs, change orders and creative kick-offs
- Effectively presents and sells all agency work and proposals to clients and can speak eloquently about the strategic value of everything from a logo to a tweet
- Keeps apprised of clients’ brands/products/services/marketing developments as well as trends and competition within the industry to ensure all communications are on the cutting edge of industry standards
- Maintains client revenue level against the business plan and quarterly projections, including: maintenance and reconciliation of client budgets, billing and approval of invoices, and quarterly projections and monthly reconciliations
- Serves as quality control on all deliverables to ensure they are on-strategy, on-message, up-to-par with client expectations and always catered to the strategic marketing objective
- Actively seeks additional projects/new business from client contacts and plays an integral role in new business, driving the Request for Proposal process, completing marketing proposals and plans, developing estimates for work flow, and participating in face-to-face new business/ client pitches.
- Attends client and industry events to show support of client personal and professional interests
- Consistently demonstrates a passion for digital trends, and an understanding of consumers and brands.
- Balances analytical thinking and approaches with creative thinking and long-term vision
- Trains and nurtures junior account staff so they can grow and learn more about agency work flow, clients, and industry.
- Maintains a solutions-focused, proactive team work style
- Consistently promotes a positive work environment and culture
Desired Skills, Attributes and Experience:
- Shopping center retail, travel & tourism, real estate experience
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Ridiculously good time management and organizational skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Experience in Director level positions and/or demonstrated superior performance as an account executive
- Proven ability to translate strategies into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists as well as manage their day-to-day implementation
- You LOVE process but also own the results – not just the tasks
- Unwavering commitment to success
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A personal development mindset with the aspiration of growing with the organization
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Involvement in the community
- Passion for working with people (the good, bad andthe ugly)
- Familiarity with Basecamp / Meltwater a plus
- Creative sensibility; while you gravitate toward process you also consider yourself a creative person at the end of the day
A Few Things We Want:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or communications or related field.
- 8+ years experience with agency or related service industry
- MUST have experience in commercial real estate, food & beverage, retail, tourism and/or hospitality industries
- Superior writing, editing and communication skills
- Exceptional ability to work with clients in a high-pace, service oriented industry
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to interface with account, digital and executive team
- Strong understanding of the digital environment
How to Apply:
Please send a resume, website highlighting your best work (if applicable), and a cover letter explaining why you would be a perfect addition to the Delucchi Plus team to email@example.com.