You’re a strategic PR all-star and tactical powerhouse all rolled into one winning package. You understand how global marketing objectives translate into paid, earned, owned and shared media strategies, and can explain, for example, how a comprehensive public relations campaign can contribute to a client’s bottom line or how to leverage out-of-the- box Public Relations tactics that include the digital realm, traditional media outreach and building influencer networks. You know how to proactively meet your client’s business needs and do so in truly innovative fashion all while maintaining tight knit relationships with your media contacts. You see yourself as a creator, organizer, educator, and overall doer; you focus on #winning and are the person to whom others turn when things need to get done…yesterday.
The PR Account Manager will work hand in hand with our EVP and Director of Public Relations to create award winning PR strategies, own the day-to-day relationship management of key agency accounts and external media contacts and influencers, keep internal teams on their toes, keep all key stakeholders educated on industry trends, create and translate marketing plans into timelines and tasks and keep a constant pulse on projects as they move through the agency. In addition, the Account Manager keeps an eye out for new business opportunities with existing clients and identifies opportunities to expand and enhance the relationship. Above all, the Account Manager, PR has a passion for media, relationships and results, and is a proponent of process, a pillar of organization and a complete team player. Have what it takes? Keep reading!
Reports to the Director of Public Relations
- Partners with EVP, Director of Public Relations, Chief Creative Officer and other members of the PR Team to create cutting edge PR strategies and ensure they are integrated, highly trackable, deadlines are met, quality of work is up to standard and that the account is running profitably.
- Serves as the primary client contact on assigned public relations accounts and is responsible for strategy as well as all ongoing communications including establishing weekly meetings or calls, creating agendas, setting kick-offs and responding promptly to all phone calls and emails.
- Coordinates and implements multiple projects and programs from kickoff to completion — and with minimum supervision.
- Employs creative approaches to developing engaging pitch angles and timely hooks and understand how those translates across media markets including trade, consumer, and digital/blog platforms.
- Develops pitch-related content such as media alerts, press releases, email pitches, and suggested sponsored content and works with media contacts and influencers to secure placements.
- Manages media lists and relationships.
- Works across industries (from food/beverage to travel and tourism and
everything in between) and with multiple internal practice groups, whether brand
strategy, engagement or creative development.
- Proactively seeks feedback from clients.
- Leads client meetings and conference calls and follows up with meeting notes
and to-dos both internally and with client teams.
- Actively participates in the strategic planning process in conjunction with leadership and translates marketing plans into timelines, budgets and to-do lists.
- Keeps apprised of client’s brands/products/services/marketing developments as well as trends and competition within the industry to ensure all communications are on the cutting edge of industry standards.
- Maintains client revenue level against the business plan and quarterly projections, including: maintenance and reconciliation of client budgets, billing and approval of invoices, and quarterly projections and monthly reconciliations.
- Serves as quality control on all deliverables to ensure they are on-strategy, on- message, up-to-par with client expectations and always catered to the strategic marketing objective.
- Attends client and industry events to show support of client personal and professional interests.
- Consistently demonstrates a passion for digital trends, and an understanding of consumers and brands.
- Balances analytical thinking and approaches with creative ideas and long-term vision.
- Trains and nurtures junior staff so they can grow and learn more about agency work flow, clients, and industry.
A few things we want:
- Bachelor’s degree in public relations or communications or related field
- 5-7 years experience with agency or related service industry
- Experience in commercial real estate and retail a huge plus.
- Superior writing, editing and communication skills
- Exceptional ability to work with clients in a high-pace, service oriented industry
- Strong understanding of the digital environment
- Strong meeting facilitation skills
- Familiarity with press-pitching techniques, both traditional wire distribution and nontraditional outreach methods
- Familiarity with Cision and local and national media market and editorial schedules
- Established network of media relationships
- Established social media presence for pitching and outreach
- Experience finding and working with online influencers and bloggers across a
variety of industries/subjects
- Highly responsive and service-oriented
- Ridiculously good time management and organizational skills
- Experience in mid-level marketing positions and/or demonstrated superior
performance as an account manager
- Proven ability to translate strategies into timelines, budgets, and to-do lists as
well as manage their day-to-day implementation
- Unwavering commitment to success
- Exceptional attention to detail
How to Apply
Please send a resume, website highlighting your best work (if applicable), and a cover letter explaining why you would be a perfect addition to the Delucchi Plus team to firstname.lastname@example.org.